Tuesday, August 11, 2009

World Championship 2009 Matches

Hi guys finally back to Singapore >.< , so okay... I'll cut the crap and begin.

-DAY 1-

Round 1 : Eduard (Spain/AKB) OXO

Round 2 : Alex Antonios (Australia/AKGB) XX

Round 3 : Ishikawa (Japan/AKGB) OO

Round 4 : Roy St. Clair (USA/BF) OXX

Round 5 : Ryan Newburn (USA/BF) XOO

Alex from Australia got a perfect swiss round of 5-0

-DAY 2-

Top 8 : Au Man Lai (Hong Kong/AKGB) OO

Top 4 : Roy St. Clair (USA/BF) OXO

Finals : Chien Yen-Jui (Taiwan/AKGB) XOO

Game 1 ~ I won the dice roll so I started first, summoned bora the spear and set bottomless traphole. Chien activated cold wave, summon rescue cat and drew samnite and test tiger. Murmillo hit the field destroying bora then going for a direct attack bringing out laquari and ending his turn. I set shura and due to cold wave I was unable to set my topped decked icarus attack, with a hand filled with another shura, blizzard, giant trunade and heavy storm. Chein summoned rescue cat getting samnite + test tiger. Monster Reborn targeted rescue cat for two X-Saber Airbellum and that's game for Chien.(forgot the rest but I got owned by him)

Game 2 ~ I summoned bora and set CED, mirror force, royal oppression and two solemn judgement. Chein activated cold wave and I chained solemn judgement dropping to 4000 life points. He set a monster and 2 back rows and ended. AFter drawing monster reborn , I used bora to attack his face down sangan getting him a summoner monk. Next turn he summoned darius and test tiger, when he activated test tiger effect sending darius back i chained oppression dropping to 3200 life. I summon shura next turn and attack with both monsters. Chien set a monster and ended. I drew brain control and used shura to attack his face down hoplomus and he did not want to tag due to oppression. He drew and set another face down M/T. Chien was standing at 4500 life points, I activated monster reborn targetting his test tiger and he paid 800 using royal oppression. Brain control took over hoplomus and it was switched to attack mode , the three monsters made attacked his 3700 life points and he chained threatening roar and I used solemn judgement.

Game 3 ~ Chein started off by setting one card to each zone. I had bora, kalut, black whirldwind, oppression, heavy storm and giant trunade. I activated giant trunade. Black whirldwind then summon bora grabbing gale and attacked his face down darius, dropping Chien to 6500 life points.I set oppression and ended. Chien activated heavy storm destroying my opression then summon rescue cat for X-Saber Airbellum and samnite, tuning to goyo guardian grabbing my bora. He set 2 cards to his back row and ended. I drew Sirroroco (WTF! so lucky) I activated heavy storm and used sirror effect to get rid of goyo in the battle phrase. Chien set a monster and passed. I attacked bora and set bottomless. He set another M/T. I summoned gale and used sirroco to attack the face down sangan letting him grab summon monk and direct attack with gale. He summon the monk and discarded giant trunade for rescue cat grabbing 2 Airbellum and I chained bottomless traphole.I attacked monk with sirroco but he chained waboku. I set icarus attack and ended. Chien set M/T and in the end phrase I tribute gale for icarus attack destryoing monk and the set M/T. He was wide open standing at 4300 and the final draw was Blizzard.


Okay so that about it I can't really remember too well but it's something like that >.< , the worst thing is that any cards that has targetting effects (gale, MST, icarus) targets first before the opponent decides whether or not to activate solemn judgement and rivalry does not allow you to change the type through synchro summon or tribute summon but gladiator beast is able to tag... so thats the weird rule there haha cheers everyone